Valencia in Statistics
Here are some random facts about Valencia and its place in the world.
* Valencia is the capital of and largest city in the Valencian Community — the 4th most populous and 8th largest of Spain’s 17 autonomous communities.
* The Valencian Community is split into 3 provinces, each of which share the name of their capital city: Valencia, Alicante and Castellón.
* The city of Valencia is split into 19 districts, the largest & most populous of which is Quarte Carreres, on the south side.
* Valencia is the 3rd largest city in Spain and counts over 800,000 inhabitants.
* It’s the 22nd biggest city in the European Union, ahead of Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Helsinki.
* The accepted date of its founding is 138 BC by Roman soldiers.
* Its current population is relatively young; 58% are 45 years or younger. The largest age group is 30-34 (Juergen and I be representin’!)
* The electorate skews conservative, and normally votes with the PP (Partido Popular)
* The median temperature is 22° Celsius (72 F)
* Valencia’s time zone, like the rest of Spain, is +1 GMT (6 hours ahead of America’s eastern standard time)
If you’re a numbers freak, then by all means get your freak on at Valencia’s Statistics Webpage